WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my world. Enjoy, leave a comment if you desire and return at your convenience.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

FCCLA


My daughter is a member of an organization called Family, Career and Community Leaders of America ( FCCLA).  She is actually President of her school's chapter and last month she along with four other students from her school attended the state conference where they participated in STAR events in Virginia Beach.  Today's LO uses some of the pictures taken by her teacher since my schedule did not allow me the opportunity to go.  She had a partner this year and they did a presentation on event planning and placed second in their event category,  one student from her school placed first and will attend the national conference in Washington in July.

The LO came together rather nicely and since I had so many pictures it didn't require a lot of fanfare. The base is actually some K& Co Christmas Cheer gold beige corrugated paper that I picked up on clearance from AC Moore and the chevron glittered paper came from their too.  I cut the title and the Virgnia state die using my SLICE machine, the other embellishments are from Recollections and were in my opened stash from other projects.  I am sharing this LO for this week's challenge #184 - Chevrons over at Use Your Stuff.  This makes my 22nd  LO of the year so I am rolling right along even though I am way behind in other areas.

Take care and have a wonderful holiday weekend.

2 comments:

Lori said...

This is a great layout! I love the blue and the gold together. Congrats to your daughter for getting 2nd place - that is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with our chevron challenge at Use Your Stuff!
Lori - UYSDT

LilArtsyWoman said...

Beautiful LO and beautiful story to go along with your page. Congrats to your daughter and school mates.